Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days
State: Uttarakhand (North)
Starting Point: Dehradun
Best Season: September to June
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Nearest Railway: Dehradun
Altitude: 2200 mts
Panchgai Camp is located at the height of 2200 m from Sea level and 1.5 Km up hill from Jakhol Village. We have been camping and trekking in the tons valley for the last ten years. We are native to this area.
The campsites are fantastic as they overlook several snow-capped peaks and are located in the midst of beautiful surrounded by green trees filled gardens. The flora and fauna surrounding the mountains are picturesque and refreshes ones heart and soul. Enjoying camping in the foothills of Wildlife Sanctuary is an experience of a lifetime.
The trek starts from Jakhol village and we are local native of this area. Jakhol is 230 kms from Dehradun and 470 kms from Delhi, Situated right in Govind Pashu Vihar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary.
Tour starts from Dehradun and covers the location of Uttarakhand – Dehradun, Mussoorie, Nainbhag, Damta, Naugaon, Purola, Jarmola, Mori, Naitwar, Jakhol.
Day 1: Dehradun – Jakhol
Arrival at Dehradun. On arrival assistance and proceed to drive 7-8 hours to reach Jakhol. Nearest town of Jakhol village is Purola.
The Journey till Purola is quite picturesque, going through Mussoorie, and Kempty Falls. Breakfast at Kempty Falls and then moved on. You will come across small towns like Nainbhag, Damta, Naugaonand and Purola.
On the way there is a place called Lakhamandal, which is said to be the same place where Kauravas tried to burn Pandavas in a Wax built Castle.
From Purola to Jakhol is 75 Kms, and you will come across Sunali, Jarmola, Kharsari, Mori, Naitwar and then Jakhol.
All through the journey, you will be following river Tons and will find beautiful location for river rafting at Mori. Jarmola has Asia’s biggest pine tree, the entire area is covered with thick pine forest. At Netwar two rivers meet river Rupin and Supin which eventually meets river Yamuna. Netwar also has King Karn’s temple, which is one of the prime tourist attraction.
Day 2: Jakhol – Panchgai Camp (Kamte)
After breakfast 1.5 km trek to Panchgai Camp with pack lunch. Overnight stay in Camp.
Day 3: Panchgai Camp (Kamte)
Stay in Camp.
Day 4: Panchgai Camp (Kamte) – Leka Top (Sirga Top)
After breakfast 4 km trek to Leka Top (Sirga Top) with pack lunch. Overnight stay in Camp.
Day 4: Leka Top (Sirga Top) – Panchgai Camp (Kamte)
After breakfast 4 km trek to Panchgai Camp with pack lunch. Overnight stay at Panchgai Camp.
Day 5: Jakhol – Dehradun
After breakfast 230 km drive to Dehradun. Hot lunch enroute. Dehradun Tour concludes.
Please note: itinerary is subject to change due to natural calamities and weather condition
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents/ Homestay
- All meals (veg/non-veg meals) & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with Sleeping bag, guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Forest entry charges
- Personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on a chargeable basis.
- Bottled water
- Any kind of personal expenses (laundry/phone calls/alcohol/etc.)
- Backpack offloading charges
- Porter/mule charges for personal luggage
- Stay at Dehradun on the last day
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
- Travel & Cancellation insurance
Note: All Itineraries are conducted for a minimum of 5 persons.
For booking you can make 50% payment now and 50% payment 15 days prior to arrival.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip 25% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 30-15 days before the start date of the trip 50% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 15-0 days before the start date of the trip 100% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Route Map from Delhi to Jakhol
Delhi – Muzaffarnagar – Roorkee – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Dehradun – Mussoorie – Nainbhag – Damta – Naugaon – Purola – Jarmola – Mori – Naitwar – Jakhol.
Things to carry:
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel